Apple Cider Vinegar is the latest trend in a natural treatment of eczema symptoms and infections. It’s antimicrobial and antibacterial properties prevent flare-ups, as well as calm the inflammation of the skin. Not only does it provide support to fight infections, it also helps balance the PH level of the skin to keep bacteria away.
Some find that consuming ACV is beneficial for gut health and many other diseases. However, for eczema, taking baths in ACV has its own benefits, which is also backed up by scientific studies.
Some people use apple cider vinegar for eczema treatment as a remedy including various skin disorders, dry skin, redness, itchy skin. But does it work, and is it safe?
Eczema, a non – contagious skin condition that can affect almost any part of the body, but face, hands, wrists, elbows, back of feet and knees are few common areas. It results in burning, redness, itching, swelling, and scaling on different parts of the body. The cause of eczema is still unknown.
Eczema can’t be cured completely but eczema symptoms can be reduced and managed to a great extent. It affects people of approx. all ages but is most common in infants. Proper management regime and usage of over the counter medications may sometimes turn out to be harmful for your skin but natural remedies like Apple cider vinegar, other home remedies, can cure the problem without harming your skin condition.
Why is Apple Cider Vinegar Healthy?
It is taking its toll as a great home remedy or natural remedy. It acts as a beauty product and is also being advised to treat a variety of conditions, including obesity, skin allergies and diabetes. Many masses suffering from eczema usually experiment with a natural home remedies like coconut oil, oatmeal baths, tea tree oil but apple cider vinegar is one such remedy that comes to a rescue as it stands out with its antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that helps soothe the skin condition.
It is packed full of components, rich in fiber, mineral salts, enzymes, riboflavin, vitamins and highly acidic that helps soothe the affected area.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema Treatment
Apple Cider vinegar has an ample amount of skin-healing properties that help treat eczema:
- Beta-carotene in apple cider vinegar allows skin cell renewal.
- Rich in potassium, that helps regulate the skin’s pH levels and helps treat allergies.
- Due to high concentrations minerals like iron, sulphur, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and phosphorus helps cure eczema.
- Lactic, acetic, and malic acids in apple cider vinegar have antifungal and antibacterial properties help prevent infections. Additionally, these compounds are helpful reducing inflammation and relieving itchy, dry skin.
- Fiber in apple cider vinegar helps eliminate eczema-causing toxins.
It also helps treat a variety of other skin conditions:
Adding cider vinegar to your skincare routine can do wonders for your skin. However, it is not recommended to apply it directly to your face instead, dilute the vinegar in a 1:1 solution with water. Before preparing anything don’t forget to test a few drops on your hands to make ensure you don’t have a sensitivity issue to it before applying it to your face.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is beneficial to relieve symptoms of eczema in the following ways:
- It have beta-carotene that facilitates the skin renewal process and helps to rejuvenate the skin naturally.
- It helps to boost your immune system that heals your skin with eczema flare-ups. Possess many essential vitamins and minerals that include pectin, potassium, sodium, iron, calcium, magnesium and sulphur that can cure eczema.
- It acts as a natural astringent that helps in balancing pH levels of the skin easing the allergic effects.
- ACV can alkalize the body thus slowing the yeast growth that can cause eczema and dandruff.
- ACV acts as a natural detoxifying agent that cleanse your body and results in clear, healthy glowing skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar possesses fiber that prevents constipation and accumulation of toxins leading to skin problems like eczema, acne and more.
- It is effective as any commercial creams at fighting acne. It’s strong antifungal and antibacterial properties, prevents the formation of pimples and acne.
- Helps remove toxins from the face making the skin clear and clean.
- Washing your face daily with apple cider vinegar helps to reduce age spots. Vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acids that eliminate dead skin cells. Take some apple cider vinegar in a cotton ball and directly place it on the age spots. Leave it in place for half an hour, then rinse the area with a water. Repeat the process twice daily for a month and a half and you’ll feel the change in your skin.
- Washing your face regularly with a solution of diluted cider vinegar to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Dip a cotton pad in the solution and apply to the skin for few minutes. Rinse the face with a lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
- It helps to maintain pH levels and remove dust particles. This helps regulate sebum production in the skin, keeping it from getting too dry or too oily.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for eczema?
There are several methods for using Apple Cider Vinegar for eczema treatment skin condition. Few of the methods you can try are listed below:
1. As a moisturizer:
It can act as a moisturizer. Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV with ¼ cup of virgin coconut oil and apply to the affected areas. The mixture can reduce skin inflammation and calm your painful skin.
2. As a toner:
It has antibacterial properties that allows to kill staph bacteria reducing the infection. ACV works as a toner. Dab a cotton ball in diluted ACV and wipe your face in a circular motion.
3. As a hair oil:
It possess antifungal properties that fight against dandruff causing fungus. You can make hair oil by mixing sunflower oil and ACV. Sunflower oil helps restore skin’s protective barrier and improve moisture retention. Take 1 tablespoon of ACV and mix it with ¼ cup of sunflower oil. Apply gently to the scalp with the help of cotton balls and immediately wash it.
Risks of Apple Cider Vinegar on your skin
There are few risks from apple cider vinegar however, you should never forget to speak to your doctor before introducing it in your daily skin care regime. With eczema, you may always have a risk that certain products may irritate the skin or not. So, try a small patch test of ACV and wait for 2-3 days to ensure your healthy skin condition.
There are few other ways to prevent eczema flare-ups.
- Avoid stress
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid sudden temperature changes
- Moisturize often.
- Avoid scratchy materials like wool.
It’s time for some hope now and no matter what or how bad your condition is, there will always be something that can make your life normal. So, try managing your daily skincare regime and consult your doctor immediately.
4 Easy Way Use to Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath for Eczema
- Add two cups of ACV to a full tub of a bath. Make sure the water is warm or lukewarm.
- Mix thoroughly and bathe in water for about twenty minutes to half an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly with plain water, pat dry, and apply moisturizer right away.
2. Taking Apple Cider Vinegar Orally
Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis can be treated internally if you take ACV orally. This can strengthen your body’s immune system and can prevent the reoccurrence of eczema.
- Take one cup of water and add 1-2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix it well and drink
- Follow the same regime twice on a daily basis to see the effective results.
3. Combination of Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema
The combination of honey and ACV can do wonders in treating eczema. Honey possess antibacterial properties and has been used to treat many skin diseases from ages.
- Take a glass of water
- Add one tbsp of honey and two tbsp of ACV
- Mix it well and drink the mixture
- Follow the same at least thrice a day with the meals till you get the desired results.
4. Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar
Baking Soda acts as a cleanser that helps to clear your skin. The mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking soda can raise the pH level up to 7-7.5 and this can prevent the growth of bacteria that causes this severe skin condition called eczema.
- Take half cup of water
- Add one-fourth tbsp of baking soda and two tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix it well and drink the mixture
- If needed, you can add one tbsp of honey to enhance its taste
Some Additional Tips:
- Ensure to use diluted Apple Cider Vinegar for both oral intake and external usage as it may create burning sensation
- Always do a patch test before moving forward with Apple Cider remedies as some people are allergic to ACV
- If you are on medication and diabetic, please avoid oral intake of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women should avoid taking Apple Cider Vinegar as it may prove harmful for the babies
- Sweating can irritate your skin so take strict measures to stop sweating
- Avoid Scratching the eczema affected skin to prevent it from infection and flare-ups
- Avoid intake of peanuts, wheat, soy, eggs, fish, milk and other allergenic foods to refrain yourselves from eczema flare ups
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturize it within accurate time intervals
- Avoid stress as it can worsen this chronic skin disorder called as eczema
- Avoid the usage of fragrances, harsh soaps and detergents to prevent skin damage and skin irritation
- Eat a balanced diet
- Have a good amount of sleep to keep yourself fit and healthy
- Indulge yourselves in light physical activities
- Wear loose clothes that may not irritate your skin
- Use soft fabrics and avoid synthetics
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables
- White Vinegar acts as a natural fabric softener so add half cup of white vinegar to the wash cycle but avoid mixing bleach and vinegar as that produces toxic fumes
- Always consult your dermatologist before consuming vinegar
Now, you are aware of the usage of Apple Cider Vinegar and how it can do wonders to treat your skin ailment. Suffering from this chronic skin disorder eczema, then go grab a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar and start using it to get effective results. Use these effective home remedies to treat eczema or atopic dermatitis.
Apple Cider Vinegar To Treat Infant Eczema
In this section you will know more about:
- 1 Symptoms Of Infantile Eczema
- 1.1 Main Causes Of Infantile Eczema
- 2 How Apple Cider Vinegar Can Help Treat Infant Eczema
- 2.1 Apple Cider Vinegar Baths For Infants
- 2.2 What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
- 2.3 Apple Cider Vinegar Baths For Babies With Eczema
- 2.4 Long Term Side Effects Of Infantile Eczema
- 2.5 Tips For Preventing Infant Eczema
Apple cider vinegar is a trending home remedy to treat various skin conditions as it includes multiple health benefits. Setting up a daily skincare routine that basically includes bathing, moisturizing and drying can help you manage symptoms of infant eczema.
Acidic barrier helps to protect a healthy skin and if you have eczema, your skin’s pH level is elevated. Due to this improper functioning, the moisture escapes and allergens are allowed into the skin. Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, so applying dilute form can help restore the skin’s natural pH balance thus, offering a clear skin.
Are you looking for something natural to get eczema in babies under control? There are ample amount of home remedies including coconut oil, sesame oil, chamomile oil, apple cider vinegar and many more to help you. And also few question in your mind:
- How Apple Cider Vinegar Provides Eczema Relief for Babies?
- How does apple cider vinegar help eczema?
- Does ACV work for eczema?
- Is apple cider vinegar good for dry skin?
- Is apple cider vinegar good for diaper rash?
Symptoms Of Infantile Eczema
The most common symptoms include:
- Redness in the affected area
- Small blisters
- Tiny pimples on the affected area
- Cracking of the skin
- Peeling of the skin
Main Causes Of Infantile Eczema
There may be cases of babies having hypersensitive skin that is mostly triggered by:
- Inhalant triggers: This generally includes asthma, dust mites, mold, pet fur and pollen.
- Food Triggers: It includes wheat foods, pulses, eggs, nuts, dairy (cow milk), seafood, soy products, honey, caffeine, chocolate, citrus fruits, and processed foods which contain preservatives and colorings.
- Skin Triggers: Can be caused by lotions, synthetic fibers, perfumes in laundry detergents and soaps, sun exposure.
Apple Cider Vinegar Baths For Infants
Apple Cider Vinegar baths are well known for reducing eczema itch and skin inflammation. ACV possess antibacterial, anti-fungal properties and contains all kinds of immune-boosting mineral salts, vitamin B1, riboflavin, an array of vitamins, sulphur, and acetic acid. It’s helpful in maintaining the pH of the skin. Vinegar is wonderful to relieve skin inflammation, skin infections, and to combat yeast growth.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
- What’s it made from: It’s natural as apple juice with the few amounts of yeast. The yeast transforms the fruit sugar into an alcohol by the process called fermentation. Then bacteria turns the alcohol into acetic acid.
- What makes it effective: It’s a natural source of Vitamins B, C and possess antibacterial properties. The acidic nature of ACV will naturally help balance your body’s pH levels. Soaking yourselves in apple cider vinegar will nourish and moisturize the skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar Baths For Babies With Eczema
- Fill the tub with a lukewarm water, add 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar.
NOTE: Use the warmest water tolerable; warm water opens skin pores. Please ensure to maintain the same ratio of water to vinegar if it’s for your baby; less water = less vinegar.
- Soak your baby for approx. 15 minutes minimum, and as long as 30 minutes.
- Rinse baby’s skin with a clean, cool water to close the pores.
- Pat dry skin with a towel.
- Apply your medically recommended skin cream or medication to the skin.
- Seal in all the goodness with a soft fabric.
Long Term Side Effects Of Infantile Eczema
Infant eczema, when left untreated, can surely lead to drastic consequences. Some of the side effects that arise when eczema is left untreated for quite a long period are as follows
- Rashes become worse
- Skin peels off immensely
- High fever
- Pus oozes out
Tips For Preventing Infant Eczema
- Dress your baby in soft, cotton clothing
- Use a gentle, unscented laundry detergent
- Avoid bubble bath and use mild soap for sensitive skin
- Use a gentle lotion or lubricating agent to lock in moisture immediately after bath time
Please rush for your doctor’s help immediately to save your younger one from the further ill effects. Before the condition becomes complicated try to treat it with the help of natural remedies and instant medical prescriptions.
- Neem Oil For Eczema Skin Treatment & Neem Leaves Benefits
- Follicular Eczema & Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, & Prevention
- Eczema on Lips & Causes, Symptoms, Treatment & Prevention Tips
- Eczema On Neck & How To Get Rid of Neck Eczema?
- Facial Eczema & How to Get rid of Eczema on Face?
- Eczema Pictures