Eczema, a non – contagious skin condition that can affect almost any part of the body, but face, hands, wrists, elbows, back of feet and knees are few common areas. It results in burning, redness, itching, swelling, and scaling on different parts of the body. The cause of eczema is still unknown.
Eczema can’t be cured completely but eczema symptoms can be reduced and managed to a great extent. It affects people of approx. all ages but is most common in infants. Proper management regime and usage of over the counter medications may sometimes turn out to be harmful for your skin but natural remedies like Apple cider vinegar, other home remedies, can cure the problem without harming your skin condition.
Why is Apple Cider Vinegar Healthy
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is taking its toll as a great home remedy or natural remedy. It acts as a beauty product and is also being advised to treat a variety of conditions, including obesity, skin allergies and diabetes. Many masses suffering from eczema usually experiment with a natural home remedies like coconut oil, oatmeal baths, tea tree oil but apple cider vinegar is one such remedy that comes to a rescue as it stands out with its antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that helps soothe the skin condition. Apple cider vinegar is packed full of components, rich in fiber, mineral salts, enzymes, riboflavin, vitamins and highly acidic that helps soothe the affected area.
Apple Cider vinegar has an ample amount of skin-healing properties that help treat eczema:
- Beta-carotene in apple cider vinegar allows skin cell renewal.
- Rich in potassium, that helps regulate the skin’s pH levels and helps treat allergies.
- Due to high concentrations minerals like iron, sulphur, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and phosphorus helps cure eczema.
- Lactic, acetic, and malic acids in apple cider vinegar have antifungal and antibacterial properties help prevent infections. Additionally, these compounds are helpful reducing inflammation and relieving itchy, dry skin.
- Fiber in apple cider vinegar helps eliminate eczema-causing toxins.
Apple cider vinegar also helps treat a variety of other skin conditions:
Adding cider vinegar to your skincare routine can do wonders for your skin. However, it is not recommended to apply it directly to your face instead, dilute the vinegar in a 1:1 solution with water. Before preparing anything don’t forget to test a few drops on your hands to make ensure you don’t have a sensitivity issue to it before applying it to your face.
What are the health benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- It is effective as any commercial creams at fighting acne. It’s strong antifungal and antibacterial properties, prevents the formation of pimples and acne.
- Helps remove toxins from the face making the skin clear and clean.
- Washing your face daily with apple cider vinegar helps to reduce age spots. Vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acids that eliminate dead skin cells. Take some apple cider vinegar in a cotton ball and directly place it on the age spots. Leave it in place for half an hour, then rinse the area with a water. Repeat the process twice daily for a month and a half and you’ll feel the change in your skin.
- Washing your face regularly with a solution of diluted cider vinegar to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Dip a cotton pad in the solution and apply to the skin for few minutes. Rinse the face with a lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
- It helps to maintain pH levels and remove dust particles. This helps regulate sebum production in the skin, keeping it from getting too dry or too oily.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for eczema?
Image By : fabhow
There are several methods for using Apple cider vinegar for eczema condition. Few of the methods you can try are listed below:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar as a moisturizer:
It can act as a moisturizer. Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV with ¼ cup of virgin coconut oil and apply to the affected areas. The mixture can reduce skin inflammation and calm your painful skin.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner:
It has antibacterial properties that allows to kill staph bacteria reducing the infection. ACV works as a toner. Dab a cotton ball in diluted ACV and wipe your face in a circular motion.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar as a hair oil:
It possess antifungal properties that fight against dandruff causing fungus. You can make hair oil by mixing sunflower oil and ACV. Sunflower oil helps restore skin’s protective barrier and improve moisture retention. Take 1 tablespoon of ACV and mix it with ¼ cup of sunflower oil. Apply gently to the scalp with the help of cotton balls and immediately wash it.
What are the risks of Apple Cider Vinegar on your skin?
There are few risks from apple cider vinegar however, you should never forget to speak to your doctor before introducing it in your daily skin care regime. With eczema, you may always have a risk that certain products may irritate the skin or not. So, try a small patch test of ACV and wait for 2-3 days to ensure your healthy skin condition.
There are few other ways to prevent eczema flare-ups.
- Avoid stress
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid sudden temperature changes
- Moisturize often.
- Avoid scratchy materials like wool.
It’s time for some hope now and no matter what or how bad your condition is, there will always be something that can make your life normal. So, try managing your daily skincare regime and consult your doctor immediately.